About the non-profit: The goal is to provide a much-needed housing choice for adults with special needs. Because every person is different, Promise will have varying levels of support – based on individual needs. With a sense of independence long yearned for, Promise residents will have an inclusive, safe and fun place to live, among neighbors who care. Promise will also include vocational training and employment opportunities with on-site training and continuing education.
The Promise main campus is being built on 39 acres adjacent to the Hammock Landing shopping plaza in West Melbourne, Florida and will provide housing for 126 adults with special needs.
The 7,100 sq. ft. Promise Café & Bakery is being built at the West Melbourne Community Park adjacent to the Field of Dreams, on Minton road and will employ individual with and without special needs.
Human Resources Manager
Job Description: Human Resources Manager
Hours: Part time, not to exceed 25 hours a week
Benefits: Not included in this job
Promotes and implements human resource values by planning and managing the human resources function
- Develops organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implements human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, and AA/EEO compliance
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation.
- Develops human resources operations financial strategies by working closely with Executive Director, departments and CFO to create a staffing plan.
- Accomplishes special project results by identifying and clarifying issues and priorities; communicating and coordinating requirements; expediting fulfillment; evaluating milestone accomplishments; evaluating optional courses of action; changing assumptions and direction.
- Supports management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analyzing information and applications.
- Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in Human Resources or other related fields with 4 to 10 years of experience
- Worked in the non-profit sector preferred or involved in a startup company
- Familiar with all Labor laws and regulations
- Able to adapt to a changing environment that is growing
- Skilled in: Hiring, Developing Standards, Foster Teamwork, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability, Promoting Process Improvement, Building Relationships, Organizational Astuteness, People Skills, Retaining Employees
Send resume to Promiseinbrevard@gmail.com
Promise In Brevard provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law